BalloonDialog ActiveX control is an easy to use tool that allows communication between users and MSAgent characters using customizable option balloons. It can be used in web pages or compiled applications.
With BalloonDialog ActiveX control, you can show messages, accept user inputs and allow to the user to select options from the balloon.
» version 6.5 - posted on 2001-07-27
EULA - End User License Agreement
LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR SOMMYTECH BALLOONDIALOG
DO NOT INSTALL THIS PRODUCT UNTIL LICENSEE CAREFULLY READS THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. CLICK ON THE Yes BUTTON TO INDICATE THAT THE SINGLE END-USER OF THIS SOFTWARE ACCEPTS THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF LICENSEE OBJECTS TO ANY TERM OR CONDITION, THEN CLICK ON THE No BUTTON TO ABORT INSTALLATION.
This End-User License Agreement (EULA) is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and the authors (SOMMYTECH) of BalloonDialog (PRODUCT) for the PRODUCT which is comprised of a) the BalloonDialog ActiveX control (BalloonDialog.ocx); b) a cabinet file including BalloonDialog.ocx; c) a developers license supplied in the form of registry entries; d) an .LPK file; e) documentation and samples. BalloonDialog API Components shall mean the BalloonDialog.ocx and BalloonDialog.cab files.
By installing PRODUCT, you have agreed to be bound by the terms of this licensing agreement.
The PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
I. LICENSE GRANT. This EULA grants you the following rights:
A. DEVELOPMENT USE.
- On one machine for your development use, you may install and use one copy of PRODUCT.
- You may call the BalloonDialog API in your program or web page provided that you include the following copyright notice with your product: BalloonDialog inside.
B. DISTRIBUTION OF BALLOONDIALOG API COMPONENTS.
1. Web Site Use: You may cause BalloonDialog API to download from your Web site by:
- including the CLSID for BalloonDialog in an HTML OBJECT tag on one of your sites pages;
- pointing the CODEBASE attribute of the OBJECT tag to the BalloonDialog.cab file on your server;
- including the License Manager component on the same page, with the parameter LPKPath pointing to your BalloonDialog License file (LPK file). The LPK file must be on the same Web server as the page calling the BalloonDialog API.
2. Standard Application Use: You may distribute the BalloonDialog API components (BalloonDialog.ocx) with a setup program for your application, provided that:
- your application accompanying distribution of BalloonDialog.ocx calls the BalloonDialog API;
- you do not transfer your developers license to the target computer;
- you install and register BalloonDialog.ocx to the Windows system directory.
3. You may not sell, license, or redistribute any portion of PRODUCT or other materials obtained from the PRODUCT installation media, by any other means whatsoever.
II. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER LIMITATIONS.
- You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the PRODUCT. Support services related to PRODUCT may be given at the discretion of SommyTech. You may not loan, rent or lease PRODUCT.
- You may not loan, rent, lease, or otherwise transfer your BalloonDialog development license.
- In particular, if you create a control using the PRODUCT as a constituent control, you are not licensed to distribute the control you created with the PRODUCT to users for development purposes.
- You may not transfer or assign your rights under this EULA.
- This EULA may be terminated if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all installed portions of PRODUCT and return PRODUCT installation media for a refund; contact firstname.lastname@example.org
III. COPYRIGHT. The PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties.
IV. NO WARRANTIES. Any warranty for the PRODUCT and related material contained on the installation media is expressly disclaimed. The PRODUCT and any related materials are provided as is without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement. The entire risk arising out of using the PRODUCT remains with you.
V. NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES. In no event shall any party involved with the creation of PRODUCT be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use PRODUCT.
Copyright 2001 SommyTech. All rights reserved.